Golden Visa Spain.
If you’re on the quest for the swiftest and most straightforward route to secure residency in Spain, one that sidesteps complex requirements while delivering substantial advantages, the Golden Visa or Investor Visa program is likely the solution you’ve been seeking.
Numerous countries, including Spain, Portugal, Malta, Cyprus, Greece, and more, extend Golden Visa programs. Each nation outlines its own investment criteria and the associated benefits. It’s essential to conduct thorough research and gain a comprehensive understanding of the specific prerequisites and terms before embarking on a Golden Visa journey.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through all the essential information you need to navigate the process of investing and securing a Golden Visa, enabling you to gain residency in Spain seamlessly.
The Golden Visa: Your Gateway to Spain
The Golden Visa program in Spain has garnered immense popularity in recent years since its inception in 2013, and for good reason. It presents a range of substantial advantages. This three-year residence permit not only grants you legal residence in Spain but also opens the door to employment opportunities. This makes it an ideal choice if you are considering launching a business or seeking employment with a company, among other possibilities.
One of the most compelling features is the inclusivity of family members. You can seamlessly include your spouse and children in the same application without any complications.
Additionally, the Golden Visa offers the privilege of free travel within the Schengen Area once you obtain the residence permit.
Another noteworthy advantage is the minimal time commitment required. Unlike some other permits that demand a minimum presence of six months (183 days) per year in Spain, the Golden Visa only necessitates a single visit to the country annually for renewal, regardless of the duration. This not only simplifies your tax situation but also results in potential tax savings.
To add the final touch, the Golden Visa program is renowned for its efficiency. You can secure this authorization within just 20 days after submitting all the necessary documentation, streamlining the process for your convenience.
Golden Visa Requirements: Your Path to Residency
The primary requirement for securing the Golden Visa revolves around one key element: INVESTMENT. This residency permit is extended to foreign individuals who make substantial investments in the country.
Traditionally, this investment is channeled into real estate. A Golden Visa is attainable for foreigners who acquire a property with a minimum valuation of 500,000 euros.
Moreover, the investment avenue can also be pursued by engaging in the acquisition of Spanish business shares amounting to one million euros. This can be accomplished through investment funds or by purchasing public debt or bonds valued at 2 million euros.
In essence, regardless of the specific type of investment, as long as it exceeds the stipulated amount, you become eligible for this highly advantageous residency status. In addition to the investment criteria, there are a few straightforward prerequisites:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old.
- Clean Record: A vital requirement is having no criminal record in the past five years, both within Spain and in any country where you have previously resided.
- Medical Coverage: Contracting private medical insurance offering comprehensive coverage across the entire Spanish territory is essential.
Navigating the Golden Visa Application Process
Embarking on the journey to secure your Golden Visa begins with the acquisition of the property or making the designated investment, whether it entails purchasing shares or bonds. It’s essential that you become the rightful owner of this investment and can provide concrete proof, such as property purchase documentation. The certificate of domains and charges is instrumental in demonstrating your ownership of the property and its compliance with the minimum value requirement of 500,000 euros, substantiating your investment
Once you’ve established ownership of the property or investment, the subsequent step involves preparing the necessary documentation, which we will discuss in detail shortly, to obtain this permit. This documentation is then submitted to the Foreigners Office. However, there’s a key distinction to keep in mind. In this particular case, it is the UGE (Unit of Large Companies / Unidad de Grandes Empresas) that manages your application. One notable advantage is the expedited processing time, with a resolution expected in just 20 business days.
You have two distinct options at this stage:
- Initiate your application from your home country at the Spanish Consulate where you currently reside. Upon approval, you will receive a one-year visa, known as a Visa, enabling you to enter Spain, reside there for a year, and subsequently convert it into a residence permit.
- Alternatively, you can opt to begin the process directly from Spain while entering as a tourist. Provided you can substantiate your investment, you can enter Spain as a tourist and submit your application, along with all the requisite documentation, online to the Unit of Large Companies and Strategic Groups. This approach results in the issuance of a three-year residence permit, an Authorization of Residence, with the potential for renewal over a period of five years.
Regardless of your chosen route, once you set foot in Spain with your resolved status, whether you received the visa in your home country or submitted it directly to the UGE while in Spain as a tourist, all that remains is a visit to the police station to register your fingerprints. Following this simple step, your physical residence card will be issued, finalizing your Golden Visa application process.
These requirements pave the way for your journey towards obtaining the coveted Golden Visa, opening doors to residency and its associated benefits.
Essential Documentation for Your Golden Visa Application
To ensure a smooth and successful Golden Visa application, it is imperative to compile and provide the required documentation. Here’s a comprehensive list of the documentation you should have prepared before submitting your application:
- Application Form: The official application form should be completed and signed, furnishing essential personal information and investment details.
- Valid Passport: A copy of your valid passport is mandatory, with a minimum validity of at least six months.
- Proof of Investment: You must substantiate that you have made an eligible investment in alignment with the Golden Visa program’s requirements. This could encompass various options such as:
– Acquisition of real estate in Spain meeting the specified investment value.
– Investments in Spanish companies.
– Purchase of Spanish public debt.
- Criminal Record Certificate: Obtain a criminal record certificate from your country of origin or any nation where you have resided over the past five years. This document must be apostilled or legalized for validation.
- Medical Insurance: Ensure you possess valid public or private medical insurance coverage for the entire duration of your stay in Spain.
- Health Certificate: In certain cases, you may need to provide a medical certificate verifying your good health and confirming the absence of any serious illnesses that could pose a public health risk.
- Proof of Financial Means: It is essential to demonstrate that you possess sufficient financial means to support yourself and your family during your stay in Spain.
A crucial timeframe to bear in mind is the validity of these documents. They should be dated within a period of no more than 60 days for the Visa application and no more than 30 days for the Residence Authorization application.
Throughout the application process, it is advisable to visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union, and Cooperation to stay updated and ensure compliance with any potential changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Clients often have common questions regarding the Golden Visa program. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions:
- Can I apply for a mortgage to make the investment?
– Yes, you can use a mortgage or financing as long as the total investment exceeds 500,000 euros. At least 500,000 euros must be invested from your own funds, and any amount above this can be financed through a mortgage.
- Can I obtain Spanish citizenship through the Golden Visa?
– Yes, it is possible to obtain citizenship through this program. However, it’s important to note that the Golden Visa itself does not automatically grant citizenship. It serves as a requirement to apply for citizenship after a specified period of residence in Spain, which is 10 years.
- Can I purchase multiple assets, different properties, whose value is below 500,000 euros?
– Yes, one of the advantages of this law is that you can apply for a residence permit by purchasing multiple properties, each individually valued below 500,000 euros. However, if the combined value of these properties exceeds 500,000 euros, you would be eligible to apply for the residence permit.
- Can I use a property that was purchased years ago to apply for the Golden Visa now?
– Yes, it is entirely possible as long as the purchase occurred after the approval of the Golden Visa law in 2013. If you purchased the property in 2017, 2020, 2022, etc., you can apply for the Golden Visa in 2023.
- If I make a joint purchase with my spouse, can we use the same 500,000 euro investment for both of us or do we each need to individually invest at least 500,000 euros?
– This will depend entirely on the marital property regime you have. If you are registered under a community property regime, then it is possible to use the same investment for the application. Otherwise, it would not be possible.
- Can I travel freely within the European Union with the Golden Visa?
– Yes, a Golden Visa generally allows for free movement within the Schengen area, which consists of 27 EU countries.
How do I apply for the Golden Visa online?
To initiate the online application process for the Golden Visa, it is essential to follow these steps:
- Access the official website of the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security, and Migration.
- Navigate to the electronic headquarters section.
- Ensure that you possess a valid electronic certificate.
- Submit all required documents and information electronically through the platform.
It’s crucial to remember that all application materials must be transmitted through the Ministry’s online portal, and an electronic certificate is necessary for this procedure.
How do I find properties that meet the requirements and are opportunities?
Discovering properties that meet your criteria and offer promising opportunities can be accomplished through our comprehensive listings. We specialize in properties available for sale in Costa del Sol and the Balearic Islands. Here’s how you can proceed:
- Get in touch with us, and specify your property preferences and requirements.
- We will provide you with tailored lists of recommended properties that align with your preferences.
- Take advantage of our legal services, which are available to facilitate the handling of all necessary property documentation.
Feel free to reach out to us with any inquiries or doubts you may have. We are here to assist you in finding the ideal property that suits your needs and preferences.
Is the Availability of the Golden Visa Guaranteed?
While we cannot predict the future with certainty, there is a possibility that the Golden Visa program may have a limited lifespan in the coming years. However, at present, you can still seize the opportunity and apply for your Golden Visa in Spain without encountering any obstacles. If you have any uncertainties or questions about the program, don’t hesitate to contact us for guidance and assistance.
How can LuxuryForSale.Properties help you with your Golden Visa?
LuxuryForSale.Properties have a dedicated team that speaks all the major languages in the world including Arabic, Chinese and Russian.
We offer the complete package so you don’t have to worry about a single thing. We take care of the whole package of sourcing you the right property that qualifies you for the Golden Visa in Spain. We then take care of your whole residency permit application throught to its completion. We keep you informed every step of the way and our team is available to you through this whole process.
For more detailed information about the Golden Visa please fill in the contact form below and we will get someone to call you back in your own language.
What does Costa del Sol and Marbella have to offer?
With the arrival of the Golden Visa in Marbella for property purchase over 500,000 Euros there is no doubt Marbella is the chosen destination for these property buyers and this will only help boost the property market in Costa del Sol and take excess stock from the market. If you have 200,000 Euros or more to spend then now is a good time to buy property in Costa del Sol