We have passion for La Zagaleta, Spain.
Here are some of the reasons, why at SpainForSale.Properties, we love La Zagaleta properties so much, and have specialized in the sale of amazing properties in this unique residential estate. La Zagaleta Golf and Country Club is located in the most natural setting of nearly 900 hectares in Benahavis. Started life as La Baraka, a hunting estate owned by world famous businessman and socialite, Adnan Khashoggi. La Baraka was embargoed for non payment of taxes. In 1992 it was purchased at official state auction in by the La Zagaleta Group. With the best weather on mainland Europe, good Mediterranean beaches, lots of golf courses and exclusive marinas,.. all make La Zagaleta one of the most popular destinations worldwide to buy luxury estates near Marbella.
La Zagaleta, a world-famous luxury village with numerous villas settled on the hills, at 500 m above sea level. A special micro-climate with soothing temperatures in winter, beautiful natural foliage, exclusive status, a private riding club, and two 18-hole golf courses make La Zagaleta the chosen spot for a privileged few to enjoy this one of a kind lifestyle.
This natural paradise was originally called La Barraka by Adnan Khashoggi who used it for a while as his own private home and hunting ground. In 1990, he lost the estate in bankruptcy proceedings and La Zagaleta became the retreat of the world’s richest millionaires and famous, drawn to the estate’s great location and absolute privacy.
Originally planned to include several thousand villas, La Zagaleta now has plots for considerably fewer.
Where is La Zagaleta.
La Zagaleta exclusive development, situated on the road to Ronda and about 13 km from Marbella, is home to multi-million euro mansions, owned by the world’s rich and famous. It is perched up on its own foothill in Sierra Bermeja and enjoys 900 hectares of totally private land carpeted in acres of unspoilt Mediterranean forest made up of cork oaks, pine trees, myrtle and gorse. All vantage points on the estate enjoy sweeping sea views of the Mediterranean, Gibraltar and the Rif Mountains in Morocco to the south as well as the dramatic backdrop of the Sierra de las Nieves mountain range to the east. Despite its authentic country setting, La Zagaleta is just a short drive from the glitz and glamour of Puerto Banús, Marbella.
The estate bills itself as one of Europe’s finest residential and golfing estates. This together with its privileged position in the midst of pristine nature yet minutes from Marbella makes La Zagaleta one of the most highly sought-after residential addresses on the Costa del Sol. Onsite amenities are world-class and for the exclusive use of residents and their guests. They include two 18 hole each golf courses, a clubhouse – once Khashoggi’s hunting lodge, an equestrian centre with 23 stables and heliport.
La Zagaleta is a secure compound with the tightest security measures all year around – the two gates are guarded 24/7 – and round-the-clock surveillance teams operate.
The best location to find the most luxury properties for sale in and around Marbella.
A private exclusive residential area near Marbella, created with the goal of discernment, privacy, excellence to integrate the most luxurious estates with extraordinary design, quality and sustainability into an environment of unparalleled natural beauty.
- Location: The 230-house complex covers roughly 900 hectares is located in Ronda Road. 15 min. drive from Puerto Banus: beaches, shops and amenities; 18 min. drive from Puente Romano; minutes away from the AP-7 highway, and 50 min. drive from Malaga and 30 min to Sotogrande. Sierra Nevada Ski Resort is 2,5 hours by car. Nature: the estate is a cork forested land and pine, the flawless maintained natural environment is rich in trees, local plants and with beautiful wildlife such as: Hispanic goats, deer, bucks, mouflons or pheasants which can be seen roaming freely.
- Facilities: La Zagaleta Golf and Country Club have an enviable range of facilities. Residents can enjoy two private great golf courses of 18 holes each one; two Clubhouses with fine dining restaurants, riding club, tennis and paddel courts, meeting and hospitality rooms, fully equipped events pavilion, horseback riding: equestrian centre with four arenas; beautiful hiking trails for walking, horse riding or cycling. And for those looking for a convenient connection to Malaga airport and other areas of Spain, the estate also has its own private heliport.
- Concierge services: La Zagaleta has a dedicated Home and Personal Services department to assist owners with the widest array of services including things such as gardening and landscaping, housekeeping, pool maintenance, cleaning, home inspections and property repairs, personal shopper, personal trainer, transfer/chaouffer services, legal advice, event planning, accounting services, beauty services, medical services. All of them, of course, delivered to the highest standards of La Zagaleta.
- Famous residents: It’s a place where the super-rich and famous go to be away from the limelight. However, it is said that Hugh Grant, Rod Stewart and Vladimir Putin all own large house in La Zagaleta.
- Security: The compound, have only two entrances, both with controlled access 24 hours a day, can’t be entered without prior authorization — the estate boasts that they wouldn’t even permit entry to the Google Maps cars.
Who wouldn’t love to live in this amazing place? Property at La Zagaleta.
When it comes to luxury properties on the Costa del Sol, La Zagaleta is one of the most luxurious developments in Spain and indeed, Europe. In Luxury real estate, La Zagaleta villas for sale ranks second to none. Currently there are under 250 occupied plots of land with room for a further 170. This smaller planning footprint allows each property to enjoy maximum privacy in unspoilt natural surroundings.
Luxury at its highest end underlines all La Zagaleta properties, better described as mansions or palaces. In keeping with the estate’s aesthetics, villas at La Zagaleta are designed and built in traditional Andalusian or modern minimalist style but always using the best materials and state-of-the-art technology. Plots of land start at 4,000 m2 and build sizes come in at a minimum of 700 m2. The manicured gardens house infinity pools and additional indoor pools are not an uncommon feature.
Villas for sale in la Zagaleta, characterises State-of-the-art technology where the latest domotics come as standard. Staff accommodation plus parking for several cars are also part and parcel of villa living at La Zagaleta. Property prices start as several million euros and rise well beyond 10 millions for the majority of its luxury villas.
SpainForSale.Properties is a Real estate agency specialized in luxury homes in La Zagaleta, Spain.
Should you be interested in receiving further information, viewings on La Zagaleta villas for sale or having a meeting with one of SpainForSale.Properties La Zagaleta property advisor specialists, please, do not hesitate to contact us. Experienced real estate agents will help to find the best luxury properties for you. We find customized living solutions to your needs.