Building your property in Marbella.
The beauty of Marbella is its unique quality of life, created by the blend of mountain, sea, golf, city, and country views that can be savored from even a single terrace or living room. The golden light of the region and its stunning sunsets add to the beauty of the scenery, inspiring residents and visitors alike; and bathe our homes in immense variety and natural beauty, creating an atmosphere of tranquility and peace. Why not building my own home in Marbella?
Developing in Marbella.
The development of properties is an essential aspect often neglected among the myriad aspects of the real estate market that are so frequently addressed. Not the mere construction, design, styling, funding, advertising, or strategizing of ventures and individual abodes, but the paramount query: what ought to be erected, where, and in what quantity?
The art of crafting and honing the goods and services a company offers is commonly referred to as Product Development. In real estate We must have a fairly good understanding of the desires of the market. Understanding our clients’s audience is key.
Knowing your market.
To make decisions without a solid understanding of the market would be nothing more than conjecture. Market research guarantee that the masterminds behind the design, engineering, and financial strategy for a comprehensive understanding of the market dominance.
Entrepreneurs must make difficult choices when deciding which products to develop, produce, and sell. Resources and budgets are limited, so wise business leaders rely on market research and statistics to inform their decisions. By studying market segments, such as age, gender, and socioeconomic background, companies can gain insight into consumer behavior and tailor their product offerings accordingly.
To truly grasp the intricacies of the market and discern the products that are in high demand, one must delve into the realm of market segmentation. The act of dividing the market into specific groups is a crucial step in any business strategy. While cost is often the primary criterion for segmentation, other key determinants like demographic factors, cultural influences, and socioeconomic status also play a vital role in shaping consumer behavior. Within these segments, there exist even further sub-categories, but for the sake of efficiency, many companies opt to target a substantial segment as the focal point of their efforts.
The lowest common denominator.
This is a situation where entrepreneurs, in the realm of marketing, often choose to cater to the majority, assured in the certainty that they are reaching the most immense portion of the market. However, the conundrum arises when 70 percent of property buyers in the Costa del Sol seek two-bedroom apartments; yet a vast majority of property developers cater to this “lowest common denominator,” resulting in an oversaturation of incorrect product offerings or an excess of the correct product.
Building the right properties.
To truly grasp the pulse of the marketplace, it is imperative to lend a discerning ear. But as Diana puts it, developers ought to engage in more frequent dialogue with agents – those who can decipher the market’s secrets, domestically and abroad. A prevalent issue that plagues the industry is the tendency for projects to be crafted in a vacuum, with sole emphasis on the details of the individual projects and the pursuit of immediate profit. This leads to a haphazard assembly of undertakings, lacking both structural unity and a cohesive design, exacerbating the feeling of over-development that could have been mitigated through the implementation of a comprehensive master plan.
“You will make some alterations during the project to improve the outcome.”
To truly excel in the realm of property development, one must possess the wisdom to discern when to refrain from taking action. Those who merely focus on immediate gains and their endeavors without considering the broader consequences, fall short of being truly exemplary developers. Such short-sightedness not only leads to the oversaturation of certain building types but also results in a disjointed and unappealing landscape. A truly skilled developer understands the growing desire for exclusive, high-quality spaces and comprehends that sometimes, leaving certain areas untouched can enhance the desirability and marketability of a project. While it may be tempting to prioritize quantity over quality in response to exorbitant land costs, a wise developer recognizes that maximizing profit per square meter can compensate for any loss in volume, particularly in luxurious destinations like Marbella.
To craft a master plan, one that would foster the coordinated growth of a vast territory, is to eliminate the very notion of problems. It allows not only economies of scale, elimination of duplicated expenses, and the haphazard networks of roads and infrastructure, and also ensures a greater creation of unity and the possibility of incorporating green zones and features that lend the project value, like strategically placed and accessible shopping and recreational areas. “The marketplace is always receptive to superior ventures,” says David, “So, even if your product is oversaturated, it will outshine its rivals in the same category if it is essentially enticing. To be enticing, it must possess both intrinsic appeal and investment potential. The quality of design and finish, as well as an extensive list of contemporary amenities and comforts, contribute to the project’s intrinsic appeal, but we do not live in a vacuum, so developers must take into consideration the living environments that surround them. Because even the most impeccably finished project will lose its allure if surrounded by the cramped and chaotic or the shoddy and low-rent.
Property Type and Home Amenities
Except for a few apartment buildings in the Marbella center, all the apartments in the Marbella area are incorporated into gated communities with shared gardens, pools, and security services. Budget is not always the deciding factor when choosing between an apartment and an independent house. Some flats in high-end complexes can be more costly to maintain than an independent villa. Ultimately, the decision comes down to whether you prefer the convenience of communal services without the responsibility of upkeep or the seclusion of complete privacy in your home and garden.
Types of property
- Ground floor apartment
- Duplex or Triplex Penthouse
The number of foreign residents in Marbella has increased, leading to a broader range of architectural styles. While the traditional Andalusia style used to dominate, contemporary and Nordic styles are now more popular. Mixing different types for both the interior and exterior is also standard.
- Brand new
- Renovation needed
- Poo l
- Plot size
- Swimming pool private or communal
- Heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Saltwater pool
- Turkish bath
- Fireplace of Firepit
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Terrace private, covered, uncovered
- Tennis or paddle court
- Garden private or communal
- Automatic irrigation
Basic home amenities
- Year built
- Number of bedrooms
- Number of bathrooms
- En-suite bathrooms
- Guest bathroom
- Number of levels
- Storage room
Types of rooms
- Cinema Room
- Dining Room
- Game room
- Guest room
- Laundry room
- Living room
- Office room
- Separate dining
- Steam room
- Study room
- Utility room
- Wine Cellar
- Separate apartment
Types of flooring
- Marble floors
- Parquet floors
- Wooden floors
- Fully furnished
- Optional furniture
- Partly furnished
Home amenities and features that are unique and specific to a property
Buyers have individual preferences for amenities and features. When choosing a property, prioritize your needs over those of your guests. If a property lacks essential features, consider adding them as a home improvement project after purchasing.
Kitchen Features and Amenities
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Kitchen equipped
- Open plan kitchen
Master bedroom Features and Amenities
- Fitted wardrobes
- Wall-to-wall carpet
- Dressing area
Water and Energy Amenities and Features
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling cooling
- Ceiling heating
- Central heating
- UF cooling system
- UF heating (baths)
- UF heating (partial)
- UF heating (all)
- Solar panels
- Water tank
Features and amenities that are exceptional in some way
- 24-hour concierge service
- DB Surround system
- Electric blinds
- Glass doors
- Handicapped access
- Satellite TV
- Pets allowed
Amenities and features related to safety and protection.
- Double glazing
- Gated community
- Security entrance
- Security Service
- Security service 24 hours
- Security shutters
- Video entrance
Building the right properties.
Regrettably, the transmission of market insights to those in charge is hindered, hindering their capacity to adapt promptly to fluctuations in consumer behavior and demand. “This issue is particularly prevalent in the realm of real estate development,” as LuxuryForSale.Properties, the director of LuxuryForSale.Properties, pointed out. “The interval between the conception of a venture, the acquisition of land, the procuring of permissions and licenses, and the completion of construction can span several years. During this time, market conditions and inclinations may have undergone significant transformations.
Investing in a plot of land.
- The ability to choose a location that aligns with your preferences,
- The freedom to fully personalize it to your liking
- Ample space
- Investing in the construction process
- The need to factor in the time frame for the construction of the building.
Once one has gained a firm grasp of the market’s inclinations and preferences, the next step is a crucial one – to determine whether to play it safe or take a leap of faith and innovate. This choice is akin to deciding between a secure, low-yield venture and a potentially profitable, high-risk one. Regrettably, decision-makers often tend to play it safe, choosing the path of least resistance; however, if too many follow this route, it could prove disastrous for the market as a whole.
The lowest common denominator.
Concerning real estate, what relevance does all of this hold? A great deal, as the aforementioned cases exemplifies. Much emphasis is placed upon building, blueprinting, advertising, advancement, and disposal of ventures on the Southern Coast of Spain, yet these actions are mere trifles compared to product development. And before one can even begin to think of product development, one must engage in the most crucial task of all: market research. Entrepreneurs are frequently urged to be imaginative in response to the marketplace, to be led by market trends, and not stubbornly cling to a potentially outdated attachment to a specific product category, but unfortunately, this isn’t always the case.
Our clients have worked successfully with architects in the past, so we know they are the best architects in Marbella. We can provide you with further information about the studios or advice on approaching an architecture project. Assisting you is something we can do for you. If you are still unsure about the recommendation, you can direct yourself and can architect too by following the steps below:
- Buy land zoned for development: The planning regulations on this land are clear, and you can build. Avoid land which is zoned “rustico.” It is not impossible to make, but life is too short. Save yourself a lot of time, money, and heartache.
- Buy a site big enough for a garden: We are all here to enjoy the fabulous weather, and you may want to spend most of your time outside, cooking, reading, playing, entertaining, and enjoying the clean air and views.
- Check the Mains Services: Ensure your plot has all the primary services. Most people think life is better if all direct services are confirmed before viewing the property.
- Financial Viability: Satisfy yourself that the value of your finished development is worth more than all the costs of building your home and buying your land. You can then negotiate the price of your plot based on this information.
- Beware of loose talk around costs: People talk about building costs as if they are buying apples at the grocery mete, this much per square meter and that much. Remember, these figures exclude taxes, licenses, landscaping, swimming pools, and all things you may want. Clarity should be sought right from the start.
- Find an Architect that Understands what you want: Find an architect who can design sizeable open-plan kitchen/living spaces with high ceilings where everyone in the house can be together. Then have separate rooms for privacy. All around me, I still see new homes designed by, presumably, Spanish architects with a separate kitchen at the back of the house, no natural circulation spaces, no thought given to the house’s orientation, and hard marble surfaces throughout.
- Get the Solar Orientation right: We have all seen the big picture windows facing south into the Andalucian sun with the heavy curtains drawn in the midday heat in futile attempts to keep it cool. Think about where you will sit and the time of day and year. Make sure there are many shaded outdoor areas.
- Use Professionals: How often have we heard about “misunderstandings” about what is included, how much it will cost, and who is responsible? The “tio Paco” types will promise you everything will be ok, and their prices look too good to be accurate, and of course, they turn out to be precisely that.
- Enjoy it! Remember what a fantastic place this is to live: fabulous weather and clean air, happy, friendly people that want to have fun, great food everywhere, beautiful beaches and mountains. The country has an exciting history and culture quite different from ours, a thriving nightlife, and many motorways that make it easy to reach the international airport and remain within a western democracy within the European Union.
LuxuryForSale.Properties Real Estate.
The standards LuxuryForSale.Properties uphold provides to his clients with peace of mind that all matters, including the management of the building and accounts handling, are stringently reviewed and overseen constantly to ensure professionalism, transparency and value for money at every stage.
Marbella is renowned for its abundance of luxurious multi-million euro villas and penthouses, a defining characteristic of the area. While there are some excellent locations, such as the Golden Mile, La Zagaleta, and seaside Los Monteros, where prices can exceed 30 million euros, properties that meet the demands of the international elite are nowdays not a rarity. Those properties offer both a prime location and the features that discerning buyers seek today.
We turn concepts into profitable realities.
When buying off-plan need professional advice from an agent who wants a satisfied customer, not just a quick sale. The idea of putting only part of the price down before construction starts to finish up with a new property 18 months later at a saving of 25 percent is tempting. But many properties are delivered late, sometimes very late, and many other problems can arise. When choosing a developer, you must ensure they are reputable and will have their promises. The right agent with a lot of experience will be able to guide you.